Thursday 1 March 2012

Imaging and Styling

For my Imaging and Styling unit at Uni, our course was given a brief that states we had to create a photo shoot for a magazine of our choice, based around a current trend for SS12, including the influence of a decade.
In my pair, we decided to base our shoot around one of the biggest trends this summer, pastel colours. I gravitated instantly towards selecting pastels as the theme because of my favourite designer duo, Meadham Kirchhoff, and the candy coloured Wonderland they created for their SS12 collection. I knew straight away that I wanted to use the influence of the 1990s, simply because (in my opinion) it is the best decade of all time regarding fashion and culture. Sorted.
Blending together the theme of a pastel palette with the 90's came naturally. We wanted to inject an essence of grunge into our models appearance so we added a touch of dark lipstick and slicked back her hair and kept the rest of the make-up minimal.
After a debate between Wonderland, Dazed and Confused and i-D magazine, we concluded that our style of shoot would best suit i-D magazine, which I was happy about as it is probably my favourite magazine. Although we haven't finished polishing up the final photos, here is a peek at an image I snapped on my phone during the process...


The majority of the clothes we styled in the shoot were vintage, including this super cute playsuit which I adored and hated sending back. If it wasn't for my current bank balance, I would of kept it and cut the legs up into hot pants. The rest of the clothes and shoes were from Topshop and American Apparel. I will post the final photo shoot after it has been edited and laid out properly...

No comments:

Post a Comment